PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learning how to Learn
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2017, 14:14
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin31
Thanks for your feedback Mike. Yes Iam doing it distance. So what were your study methods?

That's what I want to avoid want to learn the material but no the QB are necessary. Did you do it around a full-time job? how many hours a day it takesyou?
I didn't really have a study method as such. It was a case of reading the material and testing myself until it stuck! Once I consistently hitting over 90% on the QB I was happy and would move on.

I would also go back to previous subjects and lessons periodically to ensure it was fresh in my mind. It can be easy to forget the stuff you learnt earlier on as you work through the rest of the module.

I did work full time to begin with but I ended up packing it in to concentrate on the exams and the rest of my training. I was lucky enough that this was an option for me and it certainly helped.

As for number of hours each day? It varied greatly. When I was working I'd come home pretty tired (aircraft maintenance, physically tiring at times) and would only manage an hour or two. When I wasn't working I'd spend most of the day just going through the material.

I also bought some post-it notes, stuck on various formulae, conversions and the like and stuck them all over my wall above my desk. Stuff like the departure and convergency formulae which are similar but must be learnt for the Gen Nav exam. I'd see these notes every day and they were soon drummed into me. I've forgotten them all now, mind!