PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost - 2000+ airfields
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2017, 13:39
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
Allow me to repeat, for about the fourth time --- THIS IS NOT ABOUT AERODROME DATA PACKAGES, or arrival and departure procedures, or all that sort of stuff.

It is a list of latitudes and longitudes, each for a single position, it might be for an airfield reference point, or a number of other aeronautical positions of significance, or helipads.

To my mind, the most important of all these (and I think they all should stay because there is no good reason to remove ANY of the 2000+) are the EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES hospital helipads ---- ANYTHING that makes it harder to get patients to Accident and Emergency at the nearest hospital ASAP is an unnecessary threat to human life and limb.

What part of this does Airservices NOT GET!!!!

Remember, knocking all these positions out means they get knocked out of GNSS/FMCS/AvMap/OzRunways/Jeppesen and all Airservices own publications. None of the just mentioned can turn to AOPA etc type airfield directories ---- ONLY Airservices published data.

Ixixly, you mentioned you work in survey --- what do you know about getting a lat and long to centimeter accuracy, to the standards of Geoscience Australia --- which I presume (perhaps a little optimistically) would meet any Airservices/ICAO standard.

I know multiple ways of doing it, from doing a rough check via Google Earth, right through the iterations up to what I would do in verifying the position of land on a title document ---- but what does CASA/Airservices require. Any help with references, please.

Tootle pip!!