PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial airline pilot training sponsorships
Old 19th Oct 2017, 10:47
bizjetway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are young, get a job

Originally Posted by Joyal Flyer 545
I am looking to become a commercial airline pilot, but i do not have the funds required to cover the training costs. i want to avoid getting a loan from the bank because of the high interest rates. i have looked almost everywhere on the internet looking for a commercial airline that offers a pilot sponsorship that pays for all the training and in return i work for them for a certain amount of years, slowly paying them back. I do know that these sponsorships exist and a lot of airlines have stopped them recently, but there are some airlines that still do them. Which ones do? and how do i apply? Are there any pilot training companies that offer a similar sponsorship? if so which ones? and how do i apply?! i do not mind being based in another country if required for the training. i am 18 years of age, so i beleive this is the right time for me to apply. I hope that you can give me some good advice and point me in the right direction for becoming a commercial airline pilot. Looking forward to hearing from you...Will you be my sponsor?

I will be realistic here:
The flight schools are full of self-seponspred students and there are more ready to spend in their money to become pilots. There is NO reason an airline would sponsor someone. The only airlines sponsoring are in the Middle East and Far East and that is because they want to sponsor locals to become pilots. In the western word there are plenty of self-sponsored people to choose from.
You are only 18, so go and get a job in sales and work with a network marketing company, you will learn lots and make the money you need to become a pilot.
There are god times ahead so once you finish you should be able to get a job fairly soon. Just choose the flight school wisely, don't go for the cheapest option.