PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2017, 19:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave
Even though Reus, Venice and Perpignan have gone, personally I think that overall the introduction of the new routes this year can now be considered a success. What do others think?
It's looking very much that way.

Phase two (particular in the case of Manchester...) seems far more risky, so it'll be interesting to see how those go. When they announced the big expansion I said it was an interesting test that would demonstrate the capabilities of the airport. I think they've done that and that they've demonstrated what kind of routes can (and can't) work. I think the demonstration may have turned out well for them; it looks like there are lots of types of route that can work, and I suspect they might find airlines interested in (and able to) operate some of them.

Obviously the limits on the airport are unfortunate (I feel from what we have seen that it is likely Air Baltic could in commerical terms operate a C-series to Riga; would that work practically?), but I think that makes the demonstration they've provided all the more important and useful!