PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair uses all the runway.
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2017, 15:41
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
Really Parkfell, hysterical? It the likes of the, "It wasn't normal" who are whipping up the interest now and need to calm down. Many of us have said, that on a limiting runway, at heavy weights, you can expect to get a very good view of the runway end. As I have said already, twice, we are generally spoilt by the amount of runway available and only realise how much runway a 'hot and heavy' take off uses when we are faced with one, like Bristol, in this case or my own ten years experience with heavy B747s out of Singapore and other places, not to mention thirty previous years, worldwide, in a variety of aircraft in a variety of different countries.

It wouldn't need anyone with more than an 'A' level in physics to refute that the video shown here is acceptable as an accurate scientific record.

And parkfell,
Do see if you can resurrect your sense of humour, yes?
Yes, everyone knows that when heavy, hot, short runway etc etc you will use a lot of runway. That's stating the obvious. What's not supposed to happen is to use this much runway. If you have any basic physics you'll know if you only get airborne with that much runway running with both engines running, something isn't right.

A 'hot and heavy' takeoff does not leave this much runway remaining, and if your'e a professional and you think so that's a concern. Aviation safety isn't built on those kind of margins, with one engine out you'd expect to at least have started getting airborne earlier than this.

What are you suggesting about the video by the way, is it faked? I assure you when incidents occur the investigation authorities take such video evidence very seriously if it is available and it is a major aid in establishing the chain of events.