PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost - 2000+ airfields
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2017, 13:37
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why I stated that I didn't think you knew what you were talking about was because if you understood the reg framework you wouldn't have come out all guns blazing at AsA. Part 175 requires them to do what they are doing.
Alpha,
I understand the regulatory framework all too well.

I also understand that the AIP is the responsibility of Airservices, an international treaty obligation of Australia as a member of ICAO, not CASA.

For Airservices to unilaterally decide that the answer to updating some 2000 or so spot positions (not aerodrome data packages), including a large number of hospital EMS helipads vital to public health, is wiping them from the database ---- to ensure CASA compliance.

It is simply not good enough that these positions will no longer be available for GNSS/FMCS/EFB updates, and later disappear from paper maps.

There has to be a better way than creating "inadvertent criminals", or losing the data altogether ---- an obvious way is for Airservices to contract suitable surveyors who do have the expertise to "get it right" ---- versus such as hospital administrations, local shire councils and the like who do not have the knowledge and expertise to even digest CASA's terrible regulations. How much has Airservices paid in dividends to the treasury in recent years??

Tootle pip!!

PS: I had a quick look for the "standards" for a survey of a position/airport reference point, to meet Part 139 requirement, can anybody give me a reference.

This is not a trivial question, given the recent "move" of Sydney's Centerpoint Tower, after all these years, necessitating adjustment to a number of procedures for YSSY 16L/34R.

I would think, but don't know, that a surveyors differential GPS would be satisfactory, but the differential corrections are not available in many remote areas, as I recall, unless you have OmniSat gear??

Last edited by LeadSled; 18th Oct 2017 at 14:07.