PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Academic Qualifications
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2003, 23:36
REvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmeteesside,

I was in a simular position to you a few month's ago, Ive just started Y10. I did a bit of research before I chose my options and came up with pretty much what everyone else has said. For GCSE, they are more interested in how many A-C's youve got rather than what they are in, and the couple that they are interested in are compulsery anyway. They take a little more notice of subjects and grades on the A levels however, like Obs Cop said I think Maths & Physics are the way to go.

Have a read of this: http://www.gapan.org/career/survey.htm it gives you a very good idea of what airlines are looking for, you will see that 'Education' is 7th most important on the list with Team Working skills been 1st. Which means that if your determined enough you shouldnt let the odd dodgy grade put you off.

One last thing, if you can try to start flying lessons working towards your PPL, if you can put on your CV that you got a PPL at a relatively young age it will show both flying skills and that youve always wanted to be a pilot from a young age.

We will get there someday, all the best.