PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2017, 11:35
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ex Cargo Clown
For all those slating T3, just remember what it was built for.
So that makes it ok then?

You really have to experience this terminal to understand how utterly desperate it has become. It is a terminal now characterized by lager and other alcoholic beverages with all the shouting and bravado that goes with it in such a confined space. You now have to go into the central 'pub' area to see departure boards now which are so small that you have to go close up to them, risking knocking some moron's beer over.

When I asked a member of staff why the screens in more public areas had been taken down, the answer was 'they had to be taken down because they were causing congestion with people looking at them'......I mean you could hardly make it up could you?

Add to that the Airport management's self-created permanent traffic jam caused by the blocking off of as many drop off points as possible, meaning people have to go round and round until a space becomes available. It's not rocket science to realize that people going to the airport by car or taxi have to, at some point, get out of the vehicle. Most people need a few seconds to do this and unblocking the areas around the multi-storey would allow that to happen and stop the constant congestion.
Hence where ever possible I choose an airline that doesn't fly from this awful place.