PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways pension to close.
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 16:17
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing you can do that's wrong is not pay in. I would like to do something with property after a recent inheritance for my kids but I don't see much reward as a private landlord with one property. I would only be one bad tennant away from being stuffed. I was told to invest in precious metal so I bought myself a Husqvarna dirt bike. It was £7500 last year and now I see this years model is £8300 so my bikes gone up in value right? Great advice 😎.

Onto BARP, the cash payment is not offered to pilots but I believe they are being offered 7.5k into their pension pot. I doubt that will make much difference. I hope this time finally the older guys will fight for a better deal and bring us along for the ride. In my experience this does not happen and division rules. Look at everything that has been proposed in the last 5 years. If we voted no we were then told to vote again until we got the right answer. What BA wants it gets. I would be surprised if it was improved on further but it is an improvement and with a bit of compromise, responsibility and lower expectations it should work.