PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owing a GA aircraft query
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 15:00
navygm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To start off with, flying on the island is not much fun... the fun starts when you leave the island goind to either Sicily, Pantelleria, Lampedusa and even far north of sicily onward to italy.

I dont really like Rotax mainly for how they work... when its started its like a farm trucktor working a field Even when you shut down, that stiff movement it does to stop, comparing to a sort of smooth stop of Cessna or other US made aircraft, makes me worry what stress is being created on the gearbox and clutch. But that could be my perseption, so I might be wrong, Im not an engine expert.

Most of the maintenance can be done by myself and a friend of mine, licenced mechanic so in those terms it might be slightly less expensive.

If in UK for a small aircraft the hourly rate is equivalent to 60pound/hr probably in Malta would be slightly cheaper then.

finally, I would like some aircraft models recommendations from you guys in here, also maybe aircraft equipped with Rotax as it seems its a cheap to run engine judging by the comments. Preferably would be a 4 seater aircraft...