PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - LinkedIn Message
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 11:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Skift publication:

Pilots are trying to form a companywide group, bypassing the existing structure which requires each of Ryanair’s 86 bases to negotiate deals separately.

So how can The Supreme Court turn a bind eye, with all the details out there, and still allow their judgement regarding 'collective bargaining' to stand? Why are they not asking themselves questions?

Chief People Officer Eddie Wilson last week wrote to pilots cautioning that the deal on offer, could be withdrawn in the event pilots don’t fall into line. “If pilots continue to be misled by the false promises of unions, then you will delay or miss out on these big pay increases next month,” he said.

RYR claims it bargains with its pilots directly. Bargaining includes negotiations. No-one has suggested the quoted offer is in direct response to any specific requests from the pilots. It does not seem to be an offer that applies to all bases. Therefore it does not appear to be a negotiation. It appears to be a deal/offer presented in a 'take it or leave it' dictatorial manner, and not very 'collective'.

Or am I misinterpreting something?