PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost - 2000+ airfields
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2017, 09:05
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
Part 175 has been around for a while. Most have been ignoring it for the obvious reasons, and now bad things are going to happen as a consequence of it. If I were a betting person, I reckon the usual bandaid will be rolled out: exemptions.

I wonder whether the people who came up with the masterpiece considered that maybe the person who has the knowledge and competence to carry out the responsibilities of an AIP responsible person for e.g. YBHI is not and never will be a “senior manager” within the Broken Hill Council, and therefore it’s impossible to comply?

Or whether they considered the possibility that when all information about and chart markings of places like YBHI disappear completely from the AIP, people will still operate in and out of those places, simply using whatever old and ‘bootleg’ information they can get a hold of. What a terrific outcome for safety.

If I were to dedicate time to responding to and explaining the disconnection from reality, the overkill, the unintended consequences and the impenetrable complexity of proposed civil aviation regulations, I would do nothing else until I went mad. Alas, I have a day job and would prefer to stay sane.