PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSA Licensing
Thread: ATSA Licensing
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2003, 22:01
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC10 - Absolutely no question of ego's, at least not on my behalf anyway.
But the major stumbling block will be that atsa's DO work under the direction, no matter how far delegated, of the senior atco on duty.

I know that London FIS is done by atsa's, but correct me if I am wrong, aren't they licenced and validated FISOs working entirely under the auspices of the FISO licence?
As for the flight plan supervisor at LATCC - I've no idea what they do other than fail to provide us with an efficiant service, regularly when we ring for joining clearances we find that flight plans have not been properly processed by the flight plans staff and the sector doesnt have them.

I'm pretty sure that NATS and most other employers will sing the praises of ATSAs until the cows come home, but would never go down the road of licensing them because the extra costs and the flexibility they would lose as an employer.

Please understand that I'm not having a pop at atsas per se, god knows I was one for long enough and know exactly what sort of **** they have to tolerate sometimes, but the ultimate stopping stone is with the senior duty atco and will be so until we're all replaced by computers.