PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2003, 21:05
Sooty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be worth taking a look at the Australian forum and reading some of the threads regarding Virgin Blue who also ask you to pay for the type rating, and also don't pay you through training.

There are pilots in Oz paying for a type rating, doing it off their own backs, some without a job to go to. There are also captains from Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair and so on, also paying for a type rating to get a job with them. These are highly experienced people.

The crunch of what I am saying is that these people are prepared to pay this for the lifestyle they want. I guess these guys could easily get a job with easyjet and not pay for a type rating then maybe 3 years down the track go back home to VB and end up down the bottom of the seniority list on less pay and probably zero chance of a command within the next 10 years.

I also think the idea of paying for a type rating sucks, but sometimes it might be worth looking at the big picture...
Slug your way through the system going from job to job to avoid spending any money, or take a gamble and maybe end up with a higher paid job and quicker time to command.

I guess it's all a gamble.

As for you HULK, I honestly haven't heard so much crap from anybody posting on PPRUNE.... Ever