PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sion SIR/LSGS
Thread: Sion SIR/LSGS
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 17:37
flight_mode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering how other threads go in this area of the forum I think the Sion thread and comment about Powdair specifically is pretty well balanced. I don’t think anyone wants to see it fail but we all have differing views and in some cases insight. I firmly believe a lot of things aren’t right about Powdair, but I nevertheless wish them well. Their directors, investors, staff and partners all need to put food on the table.

Originally Posted by atakacs
In a somewhat related development it would seem that SkyWork had their license revoked by the OFAC
It’s interesting, FOCA/OFAC had their eyes on skywork for a long while. In context with this thread, one has to wonder what attention Powdair will get. FOCA didn’t issue the AOC so they cannot withdraw it however, I’m sure they’ll keep a watchful eye of developments. This is just rumour, but apparently SIR-ZRH was dropped due to route licencing issues raised by FOCA (domestic flights aren’t covered by EU regs).

Regarding Powdair buying a stake in Backbone Aviation, read into that what you will. Is it a masterstroke or is it PR and trust building? In 2016 Backbone had assets of 5.6m and 5m of debt with revenue outlook worsening significantly a few days after those numbers came out, what size stake they took, and for what price will determine eventual success.