PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 17:31
Lepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Just went through every single post on this thread. Took me some days to read it all, but there are lots of useful info about the job and screening. Can't say thank you enough to the usual posters here who provide invaluable informations.

I see this job has been through many ups and downs in the past few years and would like some updates if you're so kind to answer.

1 - Has the company addressed the schedulling issues? I'm talking about mainly of
A) The problems of not giving early landings on your last day so you're able to commute the same day back home or late (ish) starts on your first day so you don't have to waste a day off commuting earlier.
B) The back of the clock flights and constantly shifting through night and day causing fatigue on crews

2- About a year or so the upgrade pass rate was about 50%. Has anything changed recently?

3 - I posted the email I received from Parc a couple of days ago about the new bonus structure. Can anybody provide more insight on how this is going to work? Do you think this address the issue of low pay on this contract many have been complaining recently?

4 - Not a long ago the standard recommendation was that CREW was more suitable for Yank applicants and Parc for people from other nationalities. Then it changed to CREW being the preferential agency regardless of nationality (mainly because of Medical Insurance/LOL and support). Does this still apply? If one had to apply today would CREW still be the first option or has Parc improved the package?

5 - I'm currently flying the 737NG with 3200tt and 1600h on type and that being the only airliner I've flown before. I remember reading some posts back that the the 767s used by AJX do not have speed/altitude tapes and and that the Flight Director is of the "chevron" type. Has anything changed? Still no speed/altitude tapes and crossbar? I ask this because I only had experience on full glass cockpit aircraft and it would need some getting used to instrument crosscheck with steam gauges and how should I best prepare for the sim evaluation.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Last edited by Lepo; 16th Oct 2017 at 18:05.