PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lounge etiquette
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 17:29
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Correct ExXB. Had I not have been to Italy I would not have believed it. One evening was waiting for an EZY back to LTN from FCO and all pax were milling around the gate due to a slight delay in boarding. The second the announcement was made there was a stampede to the front as if no one had tickets and only the first five would be allowed on board. I was pushed and squashed forward by the crowd.

Once airborne, I would have liked to ask the Italians, "Did you get on any quicker? "Did the flight get delayed by the pushing and shoving at the gate?"

Next year I have to go to Tuscany for a wedding. I had thought about driving but then realised that would have left me driving in Italy (and they REALLY drive in their own world ) so I have been thinking about taking the train. But all roads lead to Rome and that beautiful country is full of Romulans ...

I would not expect Italians to behave differently when overseas anymore than I would expect other nationalities to change their fundamental approach to life.