PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owing a GA aircraft query
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 16:36
navygm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read every single message you have sent here and thanks for that... So based on the info you all gave me let me explain more in detail my status as I didnt include any information..

I'm a Licenced B2 Avionics engineer ( working on airbus aircraft) but as in my free time I work on GA aircraft in a hangar with a mixture of Tecnams, C152s, C172s, C182s and more which come around.
I did my PPL and was thinking with my friend to evaluate what are the costs of buying a small aircraft for our hour building + IFR training, and occationally we go on holiday

My preference probably would be a Cessna due to the fact that I find them as a very robust aircraft which last very long! (basically I prefer a US built aircraft than european)
With all the respect to everyone in here, based on experience Tecnam are the least favourite, due to unreliability, cheap built quality and the Rotax engine which I prefer it switched OFF than ON
All of the maintenance I can do myself, except an engine overhaul which probably I cannot as we dont have a certified shop.
We may take the option to give our local school to rent it so maybe we cover some of the costs, but that all depends how much will it be used as I hate changing lots of pilot hands and they just dont keep it well mantained.

I live in Malta by the way...