PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost - 2000+ airfields
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 13:39
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
This would be funny if it wasn't so bleeding serious.

In the AIC it uses the words (AICH29/17, para. 2.2) "Airservices has now exhausted all reasonable avenues of enquiry in relation to the identification of the remaining ADOs".

2000+, 80 pages of them !!!

One is Flinders Naval Depot (aka HMAS Cerberus). I wonder did they think of giving the Navy a call? In terms of warm bodies, that is probably the biggest RAN base in Australia.

Far more importantly, the Emergency Services Helipads from a majority of NSW hospitals are on the list, the idea that they will all be expunged from ERSA, GNSS/FMCS, AvMap/OzRunways databases and paper maps, and eventually WACs etc. is just too ridiculous for words.

The other one that really gets me is the airfields with a full listing in ERSA, I wonder did it ever occur to anybody in Airservices to ring the contact number in their own publication. They couldn't find anybody to officially tell them (the duty of an ADO) where the Jindalee (JORN) aerial site strips are?? DST is in Canberra!!

All this is "so Australian bureaucracy", a mindlessly literal and narrow interpretation of a regulation, all in the name of "safety compliance", without regard to the real safety ramifications of the data no longer being available in a publicly available format from an approved source.

One of the missing is Royal Adelaide Hospital, given all the publicity it has had recently, shouldn't have been hard to find, my local hospital, the SAN is missing, most of the hospitals in Perth are missing.

This is the cancellation of many GPS approaches on steroids.

In my opinion, it would be quite reasonable to describe Airservices behavior in this matter as scandalous, given its obvious risk ( safety) ramifications, particularly EMS.

Tootle pip!!