PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2017, 18:04
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211
Probably already been mentioned but it’s all in the name unfortunately Norwegian suggests fly to Norway so without advertising and even with to some extent your already on a loosing battle don’t get me wrong Norwegian is not alone in my opinion there are a few examples and one that I can never understand is AerLingus it’s fine if it were an Irish domestic airline but when you are looking for Americans and Europeans to book not only do they not know what the words are they can’t spell it but I have the same worry for the new low cost airline setting up at Stansted next year Primera Air now I’m don’t pretend to be the sharpest tool in the box but I get confused when spelling it and don’t even know if I pronounce correctly so to me if you want to attract passengers from the start with out confusing then you need to get the name right don’t have a name you find it hard to spell don’t have a name of a country or region unless it’s your national country and don’t have a name that suggests that you only fly to the country in your name so to conclude a nice simple name that is recognised globally and easy to spell is the way forward
Thank god it´s evident that with 12 North American destinations bookable with Aer Lingus, North American´s ability to spell is better than yours... Lufthansa is established? What does that even mean? Should I infer that Aer Lingus is not despite it being older than Luftahansa (in its current form). Finally, Aer Lingus is simplified (anglicised) for the more thick amongst us, Air Fleet in Irish is actually aer loingeas.