PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa and Aerobatics rating...
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2017, 22:37
SolidSnake100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easa and Aerobatics rating...

Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the AOPA Aerobatics course and EASA Aerobatics rating. I'm in a bit of a weird situation in that I've done 19 hours of flight training with the Navy (Naval flight grading at RNAS Yeovilton but not Elementary Flight Training (EFT) yet, and not scheduled for that until mid next year) - and currently doing a PPL with another military flying club. It's a bit of a grey area as to whether the CAA will accept my military flight hours towards my PPL - they take EFT hours. Anyway, I've currently done 40 flight hours in total and will apply for my PPL hopefully next month. If they decide not to take my previous hours, do you know whether I can integrate the aerobatics course into my PPL as some of my flight hours, or is having the licence a prerequisite to doing the course? It's a bit irritating as I'll have to go over effects and controls and all of the basic stuff again just to satisfy the CAA and I'd rather get on to some fun stuff to count as additional dual hours, particularly due to the rule changes in April, otherwise it could be another year and a half before I can do the course. It's also annoying as from next year military pilots won't be able to "train" outside of our military flights. I have already been taught some aeros whilst on the course.

Cheers