PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 7879 routes
Thread: QF 7879 routes
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2017, 10:25
dragon man

Received 601 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Going Boeing
That was August 2016 so I expect OEB will depart August 2018 - just as the second batch of four B787's arrive to fly out of the Brisbane base.

The only way that OEB could remain in service after then would be if it was given its fourth "D" check - a very expensive option so I don't think that will happen. OJS/T/U are coming up to their third "D" check and, in the case of "S", they gave it a "C+" check which bought another two years. The rumour mill indicates that the six ER's will get their third "D" check and remain in service until 2025 (after the A380's are retired) and also, OJU may get a "D" check to keep an extra aircraft available as well as keeping the simulator(s) acceptable with their RR engine configuration.

I don't expect there to be a RIN for the B747 crews as the aircraft will be around for a long time yet and attrition will take care of the small reduction in hulls.
The word on the street on Friday is that S and T will get D checks. The current 5 747 commands has now become 4 as one person has opted to remain on the 330. The 5 slots will not even cover retirements over the next 12 months let alone stop the 185 hour divisors, constant assignment of sim supports and standbys or breaking of pattern lines.