PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legality of Amy Johnson Initiative - Equality Act 2010
Old 14th Oct 2017, 08:11
31Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you've very much mistaken what this Initiative is about. It's a very male dominated industry and there are many of them around. This initiative is about encouraging woman to apply for the role and encouraging them to engage with easyJet about how to reach the role of pilot. Woman will still have to reach the same standard as male applicants when going through the process.

I work somewhere that had a similar scheme to encourage woman to apply for a male dominated industry. Previously female applicants were few and far between - a recent recruitment drive saw a huge number of female applicants and a large number of them are now in training for the role.

There are only 6 opportunities for loan underwriting under this initiative, and I would assume there are a further 6 not related to this initiative. There is no unfair advantage, it's merely a campaign to encourage woman to apply who might not have otherwise applied.

The likelihood of easyJet underwriting your training loan is slim to almost non-existent. I haven't read a single post here about anyone having gotten this underwriting. (Edit: Actually to correct myself I saw one post but they only offered to do this after the candidate had applied themselves for funding and then easyJet stepped in - if that was true then it appears easyJet want to be sure you pass lenders criteria before they offer support)

It's far more likely that loan underwriting is only done to candidates who already work for easyJet. I have friends who work there who have said if you work there easyJet will support you in the process. You must have worked there for at least 18 months to qualify for the support (and when they mention support I assume they are talking about loan underwriting).

This thread does seem a bit like sour grapes.