PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grounded due to historical issue, case taking months at CAA
Old 13th Oct 2017, 13:42
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazyscientist...... I wouldn't say CBT or NLP is actually a problem, and as someone stated that he knew of someone who had CBT and continued flying, after all CBT could be for something like a fear of needles, or spiders.

The problem we have now is the licencing authorities are very nervous following Lubitz and Germanwings. The trouble with psychology, psychiatry, psychotherapy is a bit of a muddy pool.

If I were you I you write down an account of the events the CAA have issues with. Then go to the following:

Psychiatric Diagnoses are categorized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th. Edition. Better known as the DSM-IV, the manual is published by the American Psychiatric Association and covers all mental health disorders for both children and adults.

There was a research paper a few years ago, that stated that that in terms of percetages of psychopaths by percentage in ocupations CEOs and Judges scored the highest, and I have met a few in aviation.

Get back to psychological assesments, I knew a police firearms officer, he was in a family law dispute over his daughter, the mother was preventing contact. The court ordered two psychiatrists reports which did not come up with much more that the father was quite upset by not seeing his young daughter. The whole thing was quite ridiculous when the police deemed him suitable to work as an armed officer. It is interesting as I knew this particular high court judge, and he was a complete psycholpath, he previously ruled that a child be removed from her parents as they were jehovah witness'.