PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair uses all the runway.
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2017, 12:29
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hate seeing colleagues (albeit in another company) being strung up by virtue of mobile phone evidence...

captain F

it is clear the aircraft is rotating at the 1000ft markers and certainly airborne at the 500ft mark.
Agreed, indeed probably before then..hard to tell because of the image quaity but if you use the leading edge wing route/runway edge sightline as datum it looks to me as if rotation has started by at least 1500' to go i.e. looks like there's evidence of pitching as they cross the TDZ marker 500' in/downwind from the main TDZ marking at the upwind end of the runway.

Whether the rotation was slow or not is up to the 737 guys to judge but I'm not sure we can judge off that video. As for height over the runway end.. we all know about possible lenses and forshortening etc, surely that has to be a don't know?.......

I've seen enough legit heavy (i.e. right up at RTOW) takeoffs out of hot and high places on a heavy twin to know how close it can look...mostly at night so thankfully I've yet to make youthingy or similar.