PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Oct 2017, 09:27
Underrated and Moderated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High Energy
Don't worry. There are folk on the line who love the job, including myself. Yes it is not perfect but which job is... It all depends on what you find interesting and what you want out of the job. But it's easier to keep quiet and avoid the typical burn.
HE.....thanks for taking the time and sticking your neck out and saying "Yeah....I quite like it mate!"

I knew a Captain there who was tired of it and went back to Spain to fly for RyanPants. He messaged the other day to say that whilst his wife and family were back, where they came from (he was actually Argentinian himself), he said he missed the money, the decent folk he flew with and the interesting routes. Prior to leaving, he said he was considering a commuting contract to the Far East and is already looking at doing that again, from Spain, because he just doesn't enjoy what he is doing now, as much as FZ.

I'm going for it with eyes open and a long term goal. I have been in the Corporate jet World for years and become disillusioned by it. The corner cutting. The wage cutting. The back stabbing....its all a bit too "personal" for want of a better expression. I'd like to fly the Boeing. I'd like to gain a Command again on one at some point and I'd like the chance to challenge myself in an airline environment. I am under no illusion that FZ will be an easy job/walk in the park....but am expecting it to be pretty tough.

I'm going to risk sounding (more...) like a dunce now....how does the whole "bidding" system work for time off for annual leave etc?? I'm not after any yet...just like to know how it works at an airline...never having dealt with it in the past.

Cheers all.....