PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2017, 06:27
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi AIMINGHIGH123

I like to try to answer your question and i guess the answer that poeple shop at waitrose instead of carefour might not the answer. as well i dont want to drive u away or invite u to join the club. rather i try to show u my montly reality and i hope those people who want to play it negative can sit on there hands for a moment or what i really would appreciate is to contribute or correct my number so that we get a little heads up on the reality done here.
It is difficult to say what the personal needs are, for e.g. i spend a lot in the internet costs may be more than others would ever do, but i tried to give u ranges of prices.

i have added up some numbers:

My household is 2 Adults + 1 Baby and 1 car
Prices in AED = €0,23 / numbers are given per month

Car insurance 166 – 250

No Road tax – but u have certain tollroads for e.g. sheik zyaed road which is the most used on – and yes u can avoidit but not always
4 AED per gate between Marina a airportthere are 4 = 16AED and per month on a daily basis 480 AED which reduces to areal number of approx. 150AED amonth

Fuel 400

Mobile Phone 200(reasonable data andvoice package) per person

Internet home and TV 250(8mbit) Dataonly – 700(100mbit plus medium TV)

IPTV to get your favourite channelsanother 25 (and then 8mbit is by far not enough)

Household insurance 20-50

Water ELEC min 5%of your rent average pay1100

Air condition 1500 – 3000 depending onthe size of your Flat/Villa

Medical additional insurance 400 perperson

Supermarket 2000 big monthly

Small daily 800

If u decide to move than I guarantee uwill have a loan

Car 100000 - payback time 48 month 2290 / Payback 60 month – 1870

U will have an additional loan to get settled for another 50000 personal loan

Max48 month 1180

In company accommodation u face min 7500– max 8900 (including the Loan)
Uwill not pay for A/C – ELEC upto 32000/Y in consumption (exceedance will be deducted)

Outside (u will receive an additional 14000 to your income as accom allowance)

min 7500+1500 AC +1100 ELEC =10100 ///// MAX 8900 + 3000 AC + 1500ELEC =13500

Plus the rent which ranges from 1 bedroom 60000/y to 3bed room 200000/y

Why u will have a loan for car and getting settled

Additional company accommodation or not if u get a baby, and considering that u will fairly often not at home and also your parants will not be around – your wife will be looking into getting some help at home

Cleaning maid 25/hr = avg 4h/week = avg16/month=== 400
Live in Maid 1000 – 2500 a month plus approx.10000 for her visa once plus 500-800/y for her medical insurance

Schooling fees so far I heard are good for an average school and I agree with most of them that is for shure not what u want for your kid so expect there a hugh top up per month. Most of the FOs I speak with that it is becoming tight from the moment u need nursery or school, given the fact that schooling only starts at the age of four, where your kid is already one year in the system.

Realty is that u have a cargo allowance which means your 400kg joining fly for free but aren’t handled for free. The Cargo company charges u around 1000€

If u have more cargo to avoid the costs to buy your furniture it goes to the roof (heard people spent upto 8000€)

The supermarket costs do not include the recent price increases for most of the goods by 50% neither does it for the 5%VAT which is coming 1st JAN. to say it again it does not matter at which Supermarkt u make your purchase, yes are big differences named by the price, but sometimes to get to next cheaper on is a long drive. Nevertheless buying "organic" or lots of fruits is going to be very pricey in the long run. we talk here about times 2 up to somewhere times 5 - thats real.

From your montly salary company deducts min 5% for your PF and all not covered or approved medical treatments – in case of hospitalisation there are deductibles but I cannot answer this question,there are other experts out here. Fact is these deductibles are not mentioned in the road shows.

I hope that others will contribute to this post as I like to give u real numbers, to what u will expect in matters of possible savings.

all the best for your deceison

Last edited by WB1900; 12th Oct 2017 at 06:48.