PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sad looking VC10
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2017, 16:06
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I wonder where they got the BOAC steps from, with the earlier font than on the aircraft. I presume for the aircraft they coloured it up from a photograph, the CGI has got the perspective of the BOAC letters on the fuselage just right.

I'll bet someone at the production company is looking at all this discussion about the RAF refuelling probe and saying "Blast".

The story about the ultra-expensive British Airways television advertisement a few years ago is similar, with the BA 747-400 in full livery sat in front of Terminal 5, which made it right through to public release only for BA Engineering (but obviously not the BA PR department) to all say "that's not one of ours, it's got General Electric engines, look at the different exhaust cowl". The producers had, for some unfathomable reason, not just used a shot of a BA aircraft, with Rolls-Royce engines, which are constantly there, but had taken a Virgin Atlantic 747 image with GE engines and recoloured it into BA livery.

* Just in case the producers do indeed read this, the "inflight refuelling probe" is the long stick which protrudes forward from below the flight deck windows. Airliners don't have this, but when it was sold to the RAF it was adapted to refuel air force fighters in flight, using this equipment. The initial wireframe image must have been based on an RAF aircraft.

Last edited by WHBM; 11th Oct 2017 at 16:20.