PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2017, 12:33
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say not enough is known to start getting all het up. I'd think (guessing here!) that an airline making a show of soaking up pilots from a high profile collapse is good for business. It brings the company into the press and looks good to people. Thomson, VS. They've had their names attached to some high profile media because of it. Of course it makes sense to recruit the very Mon experienced guys immediately if your training availability allows, as they're already valued in the industry and come with years of flying.

But, we don't know the truth and I'd say the truth actually lies someone between. I say again I bet a dollar that behind the scenes, the "slots" available to Mon guys will actually be quite small. Vs will prob advertise quietly again for rated as like I say, if they've got to wait months for training availability it would be easier and cheaper to take on an equally experienced, but rated 78 person. It doesn't matter how experienced an A320 guy is. I think the misunderstanding lies because lots has been made of "recruiting mon guys" but bare in mind I think, a lot of that is opportunism not to miss out on the immediate availability that fits the slots anyone wants to fill straight away mixed with media show. Airlines still will desire the cheapest and most efficient option balanced with timing for their operation.

Instead of worrying about if things are fair, it's just times like these as pilots we need to show solidarity for all our greater goods long term and that includes supporting fellow tradesmen in their plight. I'm alright Jack mentality has already tooled this industry.

Last edited by Cliff Secord; 11th Oct 2017 at 12:48.