PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Response to EK Training a disgrace
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2017, 10:04
linedriva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glofish, I have disagree with part of your comment.

'I can relate to that, but please do not cry for sympathy or tell us that you do that for us. That’s pathetic. You do it for yourself and some more dough' - No one is looking for sympathy, just some understanding that not all trainers can, nor should, be tarred with the same brush. Despite what you think, I (and many others), do train for the trainee - we help them achieve their goals and dreams and if I haven't helped, then I consider that I have failed the trainee. To say that that's pathetic is completely disrespectful and indicates that you don't understand what it means to be a trainer. Yes, we do get more remuneration because for any given session that a trainee participates in (sim session, line check, or line training), the trainer has to prepare prior to the session and then follow the session by writing a report for each trainee that is factual and acknowledges good performance and highlights areas that require improvement without being degrading.

I will continue to do the best that I can to ensure that I'm part of the solution, rather than the problem. Doing nothing is tantamount to adding to the problem.