PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2017, 09:50
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Organised labour stopped children in coal mines, sadly unions forgot their roots and fell in with the same political interests of the other side. In most western economies the distinction is blurred.

The ability of organised labour to stop the advance of the corporate has been curtailed,certainly in many countries that was by design. The result being an erosion of purchasing power in many professions white and blue collar.

Is it any wonder that the gap between the 'Captains of industry' and everyone else is so large?

We the consumers do it to ourselves and make decisions that kill off indigenous industry and complain when it becomes our industry too: A viscous circle, difficult to get off.

Ryanair is simply a symptom of the broader malaise.

Henry Ford eloquently summed up the problem over 100 years ago when he said (I Paraphrase) if ultimately I don't pay my workers sufficient to buy one of my cars, eventually I have no business.

Unwinding this adversarial model is a huge undertaking and O'Leary will continue as will others until the revenue drop is substantial enough to oust him and his ilk.