PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF66 CDG-LAX diverts - uncontained engine failure over Atlantic
Old 10th Oct 2017, 19:08
pax2908

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisVJ
Goose Bay does have decent access stairs etc. They host approx one diversion for medical or technical a month.
Personally maybe I would like to get off, have a nice local lunch and/or dinner, have a good sleep, and resume my travel next day (or the day after) if possible starting not too late. Problem is, I am not alone ... and it seems this airport has no commercial traffic ... I probably cannot say I'll be fine with XYZ flight the next day. So what to do. Now on the other hand if you allow 400 people to go to sleep in various places (even not too far away) and tell them, see you at 8AM tomorrow when we all must be out of here ... what are the chances a) everyone will be there and b) everyone is happy with that. And for those left behind .. is AF still responsible towards them? Not sure, maybe it is complicated.
HOWEVER if somebody says I want to get off now, I'll take it from here, AF is off the hook, see you next time ... then I think he/she "should" be allowed to do that. (But I have not read the Contract of Carriage).