PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALSF-2 vs MALSR
Thread: ALSF-2 vs MALSR
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2017, 11:59
wiedehopf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@underfire
just replying to flightdetent who (i think) misread the situation. it sounded to me like he was arguing it was easy to make the mistake made at SFO because the approach lighting systems are swapped left to right on the chart while the actual chart used in the event doesn't have those swapped boxes.

and yes i get your point approach lighting should be on the visual charts. but i didn't even want to comment on that because why shouldn't it be on there is a far better question i have no answer to.

to be fair the jeppesen airport diagrams have the approach lighting depicted and i assume that were the charts used? (ofc one does not necessarily look at an airport diagram when briefing the approach)
regarding FAA airport diagrams approach lighting would sure be a nice touch. (only charts i normally look at)

one could even think about putting a day and a night photograph made from the cockpit while on approach into the digital plates. putting sequenced flashers at the end of ANY (active) runway was a suggestion i made in the thread discussing the event in question, pilots would sure get used to being reluctant to land somewhere without sequenced flashers. there are tons of possible improvements. red X to make this particular taxiway less attractive for landing pilots is another possibility. but i digress.