PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF66 CDG-LAX diverts - uncontained engine failure over Atlantic
Old 9th Oct 2017, 08:31
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by joojoo
'Plus' rather than 'minus' I would think.
Did the rescue 777 take them to LAX? How many hours is that? It all seems rather gruelling to me and I don't envy them at all.
Gruelling, yes, I'd agree, but at the moment there are too many unknowns to simply assume that getting off the aircraft was a better option and TBF staying on board was probably more of a "known"....in all honesty I doubt we will ever know what would have worked best but one example people are talking about why wasn't military accommodation used e.g. barrack blocks ........

Well having enjoyed the military lifestyle a while back I'd be a bit wary off sending folks off to some (unknown to me) barrack blocks on the assumption that it must be better..Unoccupied or not? if unoccupied was the water off for the winter? bedding? entertainment? ....Having enjoyed time in barrack blocks and time on the aircraft over the years given the choice I'd stay on board thank you......

I can accept keeping by the passengers onboard was gruelling and would be hard work for the crew....but given what we actually know I'd still be prepared to accept it could have been the best option for the passengers...