PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - multi engine t/o safety brief- your views
Old 11th Sep 2003, 06:18
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Sheepy stated, you aim for max performance with your drills but you need to re-assess the situation as it happens. There could be many variables that become important in the heat of the moment. I am surprised that many here think they can accelerate a loaded piston twin on one engine while cleaning up your drag in the first about 100 feet without going down. I can see a directional loss of control or stall happening here. I fully endorse Spotlight in holding the gear on longer runways. I think its much more preferable getting back down and going for whatever you get out of the last few hundred feet or clearway, decelerating initially intact on the ground with a much lower impact speed. Rather than scratching along at 100 kts above obstacles and maybe getting away with it. I am shocked that airmen would base their judgements with regards to lawyer or investigator implication. Despite the contrary perception, today Aussies are much more pre-occupied with litigation than their US counterparts, sad indeed.