PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2017, 17:41
Danny42C

ian BB (#11316),

You said:
..."I seem to recall that Cap'n Chugalug is, a (self confessed) SCORPIO (well I wouldn't want any daughter of mine to marry one)!"...
How would you expect any red-blooded Scorpion to react ? Never met any face-to-face myself, they mainly infested the drier NW Provinces, whereas over in the wet, humid East our troubles included snakes, spiders, millipedes, white, red and black ants, and a Cowardly Tiger (oh, and not forgetting an AWOL Elephant !)

Notwithstanding, I always tapped my slippers out before putting them on in the morning (the scorpion was supposed to find inside the toe a cosy bunk for the night), and this habit stayed with me long after I got back to Blighty.

Just About Everybody Else,

Lt-Cmdr Derrick (aka "The Admiral") was our Boss when I laboured in the vineyard of the CATCS (and we turned out some fine vintages '64 - '67). Wg Cdr Elliot was a remote figure (didn't his Rosie have a Lotus - two Unattainable Objects of Desire in One ?). But no interest to happily married Danny.

Over all presided Group Captain Wallace................No Comment.

Chugalug, have never heard of the "Pat O'Leary Line," must look it up, if only as a counterpoise to that old ruffian Michael of that ilk who has got Ryanair into a hole and is busy digging. You have to admire the persona of the lovable old oirish country "Paddy", who is in fact the very successful CEO of a billion-pound company (and, I believe, owns 4% of it).

But they were happy days ..............

Danny.