PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New job and rating with soon to expire IR.
Old 8th Oct 2017, 14:56
Fishermens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks bingo fuel. Will have a look again. I do hold an ATPL however my authorities insists that I need a valid IR. I think the reference they are using is this one:

SECTION 2 - Specific requirements for the aeroplane category

FCL.720.A Experience requirements and prerequisites for the issue of class or type ratings — aeroplanes

Unless otherwise determined in the operational suitability data established in accordance with Part-21, an applicant for a class or type rating shall comply with the following experience requirements and prerequisites for the issue of the relevant rating:

(a) Single-pilot multi-engine aeroplanes. An applicant for a first class or type rating on a single-pilot multi-engine aeroplane shall have completed at least 70 hours as PIC on aeroplanes.

(b) Single-pilot high performance non-complex aeroplanes. Before starting flight training, an applicant for a first class or type rating for a single-pilot aeroplane classified as a high performance aeroplane shall:

(1) have at least 200 hours of total flying experience, of which 70 hours as PIC on aeroplanes; and

(2)

(i) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of a course for additional theoretical knowledge undertaken at an ATO; or

(ii) have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in accordance with this Part; or

(iii) hold, in addition to a licence issued in accordance with this Part, an ATPL(A) or CPL(A)/IR with theoretical knowledge credit for ATPL(A), issued in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention;

(3) in addition, pilots seeking the privilege to operate the aeroplane in multi- pilot operations shall meet the requirements of (d)(4).

(c) Single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes. Applicants for the issue of a first type rating for a complex single-pilot aeroplane classified as a high performance aeroplane shall, in addition to meeting the requirements of (b), have fulfilled the requirements for a multi-engine IR(A), as established in Subpart G.

(d) Multi-pilot aeroplanes. An applicant for the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be a student pilot currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements:

(1) have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC on aeroplanes;

(2) hold a multi-engine IR(A);

(3) have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in accordance with this Part; and

(4) except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:

(i) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes; or
(ii) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of MCC in helicopters and have more than 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or

(iii) have at least 500 hours as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or

(iv) have at least 500 hours as a pilot in multi-pilot operations on single- pilot multi-engine aeroplanes, in commercial air transport in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements.

(e) Notwithstanding point (d), a Member State may issue a type rating with restricted privileges for multi-pilot aeroplanes that allows the holder of such rating to act as a cruise relief co-pilot above Flight Level 200, provided that two other members of the crew have a type rating in accordance with point (d).

(f) Additional multi-pilot and single-pilot high performance complex aeroplane type ratings. An applicant for the issue of additional multi-pilot type ratings and single-pilot high performance complex aeroplanes type ratings shall hold a multi-engine IR(a).