PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2017, 13:20
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Wayfarers
From my past experience, and from what I have been reading he has p1ssed so many staff off demanding that they pay for uniforms, training etc. etc. etc., I mean Mr Ryan sent him to Air Southwest to see how they do it and he returned to pretty much change the way the industry did things.

I've read that RYR, O'Leary, were given two years notice to change their accumalative hours dates and they left it, and left it, and left it, until it was too late to do it over a reasonable transitional period ... Did MOL not know about that and kick ass before now or, as an accountant, was he too pre-occupied counting the billions going in to the company bank account?

And why are so many pilots leaving ... Is the bloke in charge of Operations responsible for that also, was he the one that reduced their terms and conditions to diddly squat whilst utilising them on illegal self-employed contracts?

And as a P.S. I worked for the guy who invented the low cost airline!
It was the Dallas, Texas based Southwest Airlines not Air Southwest which as you know was a UK regional airline based in Plymouth until it was taken over by Eastern Airways.

Ryanair don't 'demand' that staff pay for their training or uniform it clearly states in their contracts that they have to, saying they 'demand' is a bit over the top.

But regardless of those two comments I generally agree with most of what you have posted.

But you can't really compare Laker to Ryanair!