PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2017, 15:35
Danny42C

"There is no Bad Beer - but Some is Better than Others.

Chugalug (#11317),

Ignore that base fellow Ian BB ! I, and all my nearest and dearest (and all the best people, naturally), are Scorpios (although I am rather surprised, and not a little embarrassed, by reading Google's account of my supposed qualities and propensities) !

Be that as it may, I say "Ad Multos Annos" to you, whatever the date ! Roll on next year !

Aided and Abetted by MPN11 (#11319), I draw attention to your ..."was freely available at no cost from the overflowing slop-trays". What a waste of good beer ! In days of old, when Danny was a Bar Officer (sorry - "Wines
Member"), beer came "in the Wood". When the revellers had all staggered off, it was the work of a moment to funnel all the slops back into the barrel (a simple wire filter creamed-off the fag-ends, matchsticks, crisp packets and sundry rubbish). What the eye doesn't see ...... !

Of course, it was all "still" ale then. You can't do that with the stuff that comes out of a pressurised aluminium barrel - all wind and ! Perhaps mopping the floor with it is the best thing to do wih it. Except Guinness, which is Good For You - even if it comes in cans labelled "Draught" (a howling oxymoron, surely).

Danny.