PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4
Thread: Monarch 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2017, 10:54
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by earnest
You've forgotten one more important point: which pilot is available immediately?

Recent flying on type, LPC/OPC valid, medical valid and available from tomorrow. No need for any notice period of one to three months.
This. But, you've also forgotten something:

Your typical ex-employee from a company in administration is going to have an immediate reduction of cash coming in, and bills to pay. There are always plenty who are not prepared and don't have any rainy-day funds or even a float in their bank accounts, they have their direct debits go out the day after pay day. When pay day ain't gonna happen, they are desperate. Will they negotiate hard for a good deal, or will they take the first offer that pays enough particularly if it comes with a signing bonus?

It's just good business.
It's just business. Good or evil is a subjective judgement. Brutal truth is that we are resources to be bought and sold, when someone dumps a pile of known-good "stuff" into the market in an administration there is a feeding frenzy of bargain hunters - doesn't matter if that stuff is people.

The last time it happened to me, I had me and project team signed up to work directly for the end customer within 24hrs, I was well pleased with myself (and I do keep rainy day funds). Over the next two weeks the phone rang itself off the hook with (quite possibly) better offers and I realised it wasn't necessarily me that had done really well, but the project manager at the customer who had moved extremely fast to save the project.

Just business.

Now, if you want some real cynical speculation - did a certain airline's strategic rota planning <cough> involve effectively betting on a certain other airline going bust a few months sooner than it did?