PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2017, 22:00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ha! So there's going to be two years of an "always getting better as an employer" plan, following which they'll start charging pilots for taking their case on board?

I like how, even when they're trying to suck up (a bit, while gently reminding that they hopefully won't go bankrupt), they treat people as a computer algorithm and miss the point. The base by base pay thing could end up being a horrible mess that misses the point.

Do they really know if the formula is as simple as that? Instinct tells me that a lot of their offbeat bases in the middle of nowhere will have an interesting mixture of staff. There'll some people who want to be somewhere random and who would work for less because nobody else employs flight crew in [insert name of random place], and there'll be people desperate to escape from the sticks and get back to civilisation who'd take a pay cut to do it...

Also, if I was a competitor I'd start making wacky offers to Ryanair pilots in strange places, just to see if I could increase their costs