PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150, what are your toughts about this nice little bird?
Old 5th Oct 2017, 10:09
Corrosion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevvron
Agree entirely. I also prefer the Continental engine to that dificult to start Lycoming.
I prefer O-235 because it is not having nasty valve problems which may lead to emergency landing, O-235 is good starter if you know what you are doing and penny pincher owner puts in decent choke system instead of standard one cylinder nozzle, it is not that prone to carb icing, littlebit more power, not that easy to have carb fire during bad starting.
(i am not owner of any aircraft, thank god, but work with them long time and having had PPL as well, with both 150/152)
O-235 is having its own light tech problems but most of them not affecting run if maintenance is doing its job.
O-235 is not having starter clutch in eng aft gearing like O-200, if this clutch slips too much it can broke and destroy gearing... very old model pull-start is better.

As mentioned several time on this thread, it is quite robust little plane which is going for ever if owner takes care of it even little.