PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2017, 09:17
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas Cook Long Haul
Whilst I'm pleased to see TC jumping into long haul from Manchester, some of their choices make me wonder if they know their market. I'm also worried about the lack of consistency in product offer (Air Tanker, Air Transat to follow).
To be clear, I've used them several times to the Caribbean, to New York and to Boston and the preference is always to fly in the Premium cabin where it is offered....and it's very good to be fair. Trouble is, it seems to be a bit of a lottery as to whether there is one or not - even on the same route (!)

Mrs FFMAN and myself were mulling a New York trip last night and although the prices and schedule were good, when Mrs FFMAN saw the words 'operated by Air Tanker' she said 'it sounds like a freighter - I'm not going on that'. When there was no Premium seating either well, that was that. Virgin got the business. This is even though we both know from experience that TC Premium Economy is better than Virgin Premium Economy.
If it doesn't exist though, you can't buy it

On their choice of route / aircraft....
Miami - as a leisure offering is more of a Winter route yet they ran it as a Summer only
Antigua - this is a Premium destination, but they don't offer a Premium cabin and run it as triangular route meaning grief on the return. I know some regulars who prefer the drive to Gatwick. They could also run that route into early May as well as St Lucia.
Seattle - a business heavy route surely - but again flying it without a Premium offering...all that way in economy? Not if you're on business.