PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 20:22
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Various other excitements occurred, and somehow we arrived in NZ with one of their airmen under close arrest while as for the trip home, that would almost require a book in itself.
C'mon harrym; this is the ideal place for such reminiscences and perhaps revelations and the passage of years has probably put most of the central characters already in the ethereal crewroom. Your writing style is just right, clear and concise, almost the equal to the main triumvirate who have carried the mainstay of this thread, so please, expand, divert and above all, tell us what the "old" RAF did, exemplifying, exceeding or falling short (?) of WW2 standards and attitudes.
We drained Danny dry, yet he still exhorts the best from the rest, please.
Ah! Britannia's, Vulcans, Comets, even that anathema of aerodynamics, the Beverley - you've got 'em all - the dreams of my youth. lightnings, the superb Gnat, and the Harrier - the aircraft that destroyed still photography for me - who could tell whether it was going forwards, back or hover?

I lived under the approach to Southend (RAF Rochford in WW2) Airport, so civil aviation was what I grew up with, but the RAF of the late 50's and early 60's - ah! You evoke memories of sunny days watching silver planes in blue skies.......
So, please, more!