PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Schools and then Employment
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2003, 21:50
carbonfibre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
employment

Well a few questions there.

Yes they do have contacts with the schools, as for 80% employed after , i personally think the flying pig going overhead at Mach 2 is more likely.

It would have been fair to say that in the past they had the sponsorship deals from the airlines, however recent events have put paid to that , they now rely a lot more on the modular student.

I know some people i did my groundschool with at one of the larger schools and none of them are employed as yet, 18 months ago wee completed, and i know people who went to smaller schools and are employed, as FI's and currently working in smaller airlines, 1 of them being my first PPL instructor (now captain for regional airline)

Without beating around the bush to much i would say, dont listen to hype, go for a school that suits you, the people, the atmosphere, customer care, do you feel comfortable, do they have good results, because a lot of these small schools do. As with a lot of positions and not just flying it comes down to a bit of luck, right time right place, attitude and a lot of common sense with a pinch of reality thrown in.

Oh yeah im doing my IR so not finished yet im sure ill be in that long list soon enough !!

Hope this sort of helps

Good luck in your search