PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apparently Prince Harry Can't Fly a Helicopter
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 19:21
Rotate too late

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by melmothtw
Didn't say anything about them being privately educated. I am myself so really don't have a chip on either shoulder about that. And again I have nothing against them personally - I would agree with everything you said about them.

Look, when it comes to the royals and military flying there is one of three things going on:

1. Every Windsor is a natural born aviator, and there is never any question as to them being selected for pilot training or excelling at it once selected.

2. Military flying just isn't that difficult, and anyone can do it.

3. They get given the opportunity regardless of their ability, because of who they are.

There is no fourth option.

Now, you choose to believe option 1. I believe it to be option 3. I don't think there's going to be any meeting of minds on the subject, so there we go.
I would also make the point that the Air Corps milked the exposure for all it was worth, so it really was a two way street. Harry had to put in the hard yards, end of. Try walking one of the Poles then returning for a two week Ex in a tent ooop north. There are NO FREE RIDES in an Apache.