PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Janes report on AAC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 17:17
gijoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'The RAFAT is, by my reckoning, one of the (if not the) largest military air display team in the world. The BBMF is also the largest government owned and operated 'heritage' collection in the world. I'm not sure that the RAF can really justify either or both. The USAF doesn't. The USN doesn't. Can't find another Air Force anywhere that keeps two such large teams going (but happy to be proved wrong). I love seeing them both, but honestly, if it's a choice between active Royal Marines and cuts to RAFAT and/or BBMF, then I'm afraid the RMs have to be the priority.'

Well done Engines for understanding what Defence is all about - something that many, many on here don't have a slightest grasp of.

No names but it is pretty clear.

'Spot on. Apache took the AAC from poor relation to Number 1 in the Hit Parade with a bullet. But everything has a price, particularly in this era of austerity'

...and the shiny toy syndrome meant that did not have their eye on the ISR ball that allowed the RA through the defence. They should have grabbed it with both talons.