PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apparently Prince Harry Can't Fly a Helicopter
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 17:09
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
No, Harry will have served with many other pilots in the AAC who had limited academic qualifications and very possibly a dodgy past - the AAC, up until recently, took Corporals into flying training and a significant number of them went on to be operational aircraft commanders before comissioning and becoming Officers.

I understand that you have to believe that two privately educated, well mannered, intelligent young men couldn't possibly have got in on their own merits but it happens every day to normal people with the bare minimum qualifications.
Didn't say anything about them being privately educated. I am myself so really don't have a chip on either shoulder about that. And again I have nothing against them personally - I would agree with everything you said about them.

Look, when it comes to the royals and military flying there is one of three things going on:

1. Every Windsor is a natural born aviator, and there is never any question as to them being selected for pilot training or excelling at it once selected.

2. Military flying just isn't that difficult, and anyone can do it.

3. They get given the opportunity regardless of their ability, because of who they are.

There is no fourth option.

Now, you choose to believe option 1. I believe it to be option 3. I don't think there's going to be any meeting of minds on the subject, so there we go.

Last edited by melmothtw; 3rd Oct 2017 at 17:34.