PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apparently Prince Harry Can't Fly a Helicopter
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 15:54
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
So the fact that I, as an ex-RAF QHI (also served with AAC), can attest to their flying abilities and that their selection and training afforded them no privileges at all, doesn't give you a clue as to how far from the mark you are in judging them?

I think the drones are those who won't let the truth get in the way of their political bigotry because it doesn't suit their version of the story.

I'd like to see either of you (melmoth and heliringer) pass the ground and air check ride that I gave William on his last operational SAR tour - guess what? It was exactly the same as the check rides given to the other 30 pilots on the Sqn and he was far from being at the bottom of the pile.

Privilege doesn't cut it in the mountains at night in poor weather and he has been there many times as the Captain and handling pilot - not something you let little rich boys do.

You won't see past your blinkered anti-monarchy views for whatever reasons I don't care to fathom.
You're missing the point crab. I will take your word for it that their status afforded them no privileges with regard to their training and that they are both highly competent pilots. In all likelihood though (going by their frankly mediocre academic achievements up to that point) neither of them would have been given the opportunity had they not been royals.

As to 'drones not letting the truth get in the way of their political bigotry because it doesn't suit their version of the story', we are in full agreement.