PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of CX housing..
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 08:03
azhkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is why Saudia built Saudia City--in addition to keep expats from mingling with the locals. Crazy thing, it was seniority based for the entire airline company, so you could have a guy who ordered desks and supplies for the airline owned elementary school with 25 years in to the company living in a furnished multi-story detached house and a new joiner pilot living in an HK-sized flat. Single stewardesses were stuffed into one corner of the complex and not allowed to show their faces. Imagine this scenario in HK.

History aside, I really wonder what this will do to prices in Tung Chung and DB. And I agree that CX is using the SCMP (or New China Daily as it seems now) to win publicity against the pilots. Many expats do not receive housing any more and will have little sympathy for those that do and have it cut. They are counting on continued goodwill from most of the pilot group, it is so obvious from the quotes in the news. So, if industrial action is taken, and holiday plans are ruined or jeopardized, the majority of the public is already against you and will turn on you even more. Honestly, the only road I see for you is broad industrial action; media interviews that do not draw on sympathy, but rather emphasizes the talent you bring to the airline and HK implied safety risks should that talent pool leave to any significant percentage. Seriously, a pilot rep should be on BBG, CNBC, TVB, RTHK, in the Standard, Op-Ed for SCMP, at least a few times a week.